The staff at Sandhills Medical Foundation, Inc. (SMF) would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing us as your medical home. As your provider of health care, we look forward to serving you. We hope together, we can build a relationship that will ensure you receive the highest quality care and service.
At SMF we believe it is very important that you know the benefits of receiving care from a patient centered medical home and encourage you ask one of our courteous staff if you have any questions.
WHAT IS A PATIENT CENTERED MEDICAL HOME?
A “patient centered medical home” is a medical office where a team of health care professionals work together to provide a new type of care to patients. Having a medical home feels like having an old style family doctor, but with a team of professionals, using modern knowledge and technology, to provide the best possible care for you in their office.
A PATIENT CENTERED MEDICAL HOME IS ABOUT YOU
Caring about YOU is the most important job of a patient centered medical home. The care at a SMF patient centered medical home is personal, and the team’s job is to make sure you get the health care you need. You can help us by always telling your medical home team if you get care from other health professionals so we can help coordinate the best care possible. This information will help us serve you better.
YOUR MEDICAL HOME CARE TEAM
As a patient centered medical home, the Sandhills’ staff is dedicated to managing your healthcare.
- • Our team of health care professionals will provide you with the latest ways to maintain your health with proven methods and self-management tools.
- • Sandhills will have dedicated staff to help arrange referrals to outside sources such as specialist or labs and ensure that we receive your reports/results during your medical visits.
- • Your team may include a doctor, nurse, as well as other health professionals, like a pharmacist or behavioral health therapist.
These team members will help you get healthy, stay healthy, and get the care and services that are right for you. Your family caregivers are also part of the team, and YOU are the most important member!
QUALITY AND SAFETY ARE THE HALLMARKS OF A PATIENT CENTERED MEDICAL HOME
- • Sandhills uses Evidence-based medicine and clinical decision support tools to guide your care and treatment.
- • We develop and follow our evidence-based patient care guidelines to ensure quality. Our patient care guidelines are always available for you to review.
- • Information technology is used to support patient care, education, and enhance communication.
All Sandhill’s patients have an electronic medical record.
As your patient centered medical home your care team is available 24/7. If you need care afterhours, you can communicate with your care team afterhours by phone. To contact a Provider after office hours, please call our on-call service at (803) 401-5966 or call 911 for emergencies.